Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This recipe for lettuce wraps make a perfect light lunch or appetizer. Or, serve it over rice for a meal the whole family would enjoy.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Related: Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
2 tbsp. sesame oil, divided
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 lb. ground chicken
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 basil leaves, finely chopped
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce (optional)
1 head lettuce (e.g., bibb, iceberg, or butter)
2 small green onions
1. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until golden brown; transfer to plate and set aside.
2. Add 1 more tablespoon of sesame oil to the skillet and add the chicken; cook until thoroughly done. Drain fat, if necessary.
3. Add the minced garlic, stir for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms back into the skillet and add the basil leaves; stir to combine.
4. In small mixing bowl, combine hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ground ginger, cornstarch, and chili garlic sauce (if using); whisk to combine.
5. Pour sauce over the chicken mixture and stir to coat evenly; cook until heated through and slightly thickened (about one minute).
6. Spoon mixture into leaves of lettuce. Top with sliced green onions.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories: 293; Carbohydrates: 11 g; Fat: 16 g; Protein: 24 g; Sodium: 1,269 mg; Sugar: 5 g
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Reference: “Chicken Lettuce Wraps.” Frugal Living NW, 2018. Web. 19 April. 2018.
Nutrition and Diet
Light Pumpkin Spice Cake with Whipped Cream and Brown Sugar Frosting
Chef Mary substitutes healthier ingredients for the oil and whole eggs typically called for in a packaged cake mix and tops it off with a fat-free whipped cream frosting.Read More >