Proof of Insurance for Tax Purposes

The Affordable Care Act, or ACA, required you to provide proof of health insurance coverage when filing your taxes. Recent changes to the law mean that you are no longer required to provide proof of coverage forms when filing your taxes. However, should you want one of these forms, they are still available to you through Select Health.


Get a Form 1095-B from Select Health

You can receive a copy of the 1095-B upon request. You have the right to receive a form 1095-B within 30 days of your request.

There are four ways to get this form:

  1. Log in to your Select Health account and download your 1095-B under "Documents"
  2. Send an email to to request your 1095-B
    • Please include your subscriber ID, subscriber first/last name, and subscriber date of birth
  3. Call our Billing team at 844-442-4106 to request your 1095-B
  4. Mail a request for your 1095-B to:

Attn: Billing

Select Health

P.O. Box 30192

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0192


What about 1095-A or 1095-C? Who Uses Which Tax Form?

  • 1095-A – If you purchased your health insurance from the Federally Facilitated Marketplace in Utah, Your Health Idaho, or Nevada Health Link, this is your form. To get a copy, you’ll need to request it from those entities (where you purchased your insurance).
  • 1095-B – This is the proof of insurance form for employees on fully-insured plans, individuals and families who enrolled directly through Select Health, and FEHB members. You can request your form from Select Health as described above.
  • 1095-C – If you’re on a self-funded plan through your employer, you’ll need to request this form through your employer or Human Resources department.



Call Select Health Member Services at 800-538-5038 to get help.