Wellness Resources & Links
Click on any of the categories below to explore our Wellness Resources.
Learn more about your preventive care benefits, Healthy Beginnings program for expecting mothers, and where to get care.
- Preventive Care - Many health conditions can be prevented or treated early by staying up to date on your preventive screenings. All Select Health plans cover preventive care at 100% - that means no copay, coinsurance, or deductible.
- Healthy Beginnings - This free program for expecting mothers is designed to help you have the healthiest pregnancy possible and connect you to the right resources.
- Know Where to Get Care - Learn how to choose between the doctor's office, telehealth, urgent care, and the emergency room for care.
Learn more about blood pressure, grip strength, and prediabetes.
- Blood Pressure and the DASH Diet - Learn more about blood pressure, what the causes and symptoms of high blood pressure are, and the DASH diet.
- Blood Pressure Tracker - A tool for keeping track of your blood pressure.
- Elevated Blood Pressure - Elevated blood pressure is very common, more than 1 in 3 people have it. Knowing you have elevated blood pressure gives you a chance to take action before problems take hold.
- Grip Strength - Grip strength can be a reliable indicator of general heart health, muscle strength, and quality of life at an older age.
- High Blood Pressure Treatment - If you’ve been diagnosed with high blood pressure, it’s important to control it as soon as possible. This decision guide can help you choose the best way to get started.
Prediabetes - One in three American adults has prediabetes, and more than 84% of people with prediabetes don’t know they have it. Prediabetes can often be reversed if it’s caught early by making healthy lifestyle changes. Take a risk test at https://doihaveprediabetes.org/.
- Prediabetes Fact Sheet - People with prediabetes have an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke, but not everyone with prediabetes will progress to diabetes.
Check out the variety of classes offered by Intermountain Health and Utah Department of Health and Human Service’s Healthy Aging Program.
- Intermountain Health Classes & Events - Intermountain Health offers free or low-cost classes for a variety of topics such as: childbirth, emergency preparedness, support groups, childcare/babysitting, wellness & mindfulness, and more.
- Living Well with Chronic Conditions - This free, six-week class is for people dealing with a chronic or limiting health condition. Participants will learn self-management techniques and skills needed in the day-to-day management of any type of ongoing health condition.
- Living Well with Chronic Pain - This free, six-week class for people with long-term pain will teach participants how to manage pain and symptoms, handle difficult emotions, problem solve effectively, work with a healthcare team, use medication as directed, and set weekly goals.
- Living Well with Diabetes - This free, six-week class is for people who have or know someone with Type 2 Diabetes. Topics covered include techniques for dealing with symptoms of diabetes, appropriate exercise, healthy eating, appropriate use of medication, and working effectively with health providers.
Making informed and intentional decisions with your eating patterns can help you feel better, reduce the risk of chronic disease, and promote a healthy well-balanced lifestyle.
- Eat Well - Making healthier food choices that are full of nutrients can improve memory, boost creativity, and build overall health.
- Fat - Believe it or not, you need some fat in your diet.
- Habit Tracker - Use this 1-week habit tracker to keep track of your nutrition goals.
- Healthy Snacking Tips for Families - Snack time is a great time to introduce healthy foods and encourage healthy future eating habits.
- Live Well, Eat Well - Eating right can be easier when you focus on good daily habits.
- Making Family Mealtime Happen - Family mealtime helps strengthen family relationships and can have a positive influence on children.
- MyPlate - Learn how to eat healthy with MyPlate, the official symbol of the five food groups. Discover budget-friendly food ideas, set personal goals for healthy eating, and find easy, low-cost recipes.
Nutrition Counseling - In nutrition counseling (also called Medical Nutrition Therapy, or MNT) you’ll learn how to improve your diet to help you lead a healthy life or to achieve specific health goals. Select Health members are eligible for five one-on-one visits per year at no cost with a registered dietitian for diet-related conditions.
- Quench Your Thirst - Do you know how much sugar you are consuming in sweetened beverages?
- Snacking Smart - While snacking can be a great way to boost your energy and an excellent way to add additional fruits, vegetables, and healthy protein to your diet, it is important to choose snacks wisely.
- Weigh to Health - This program is for adults who’d like to lose weight, improve their health, and feel better. This dietician led program is based on evidence-based methods regarding weight loss and lifestyle changes. Coverage is provided for Select Health members who meet criteria to participate in this program.
Regular physical activity can benefit you through all stages of your life. Being active helps you feel, function, and sleep better while reducing your risk of chronic illness and other diseases. Move more, sit less. Any amount of movement is beneficial.
Sleep & Stress
Sleep needs vary, but good quality sleep is vital for everyone. Everyone has stress. It is important to find ways to manage your stress and make time for self-care.
- Feel Well - Explore signs and symptoms that may signal overload, pick up some new ideas, and learn coping skills as you journey toward well-being.
- Sleeping Well - Sleeping well is key to feeling good and staying healthy.
- STOP-BANG - Are you at risk for a sleep disorder? You may be at risk if you: snore loudly or stop breathing during sleep, often feel tired, fatigued, or sleepy during the day, sleep problems are getting in the way of your daily living. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, we recommend completing this sleep questionnaire.
- Stress Less - Stress is your body’s way of responding to a challenging situation. You can’t entirely avoid stress, but you have more control over it than you may think.
Check out a variety of resources available on topics like member discounts, tobacco cessation, and more!
- LiVe Well Centers - Intermountain LiVe Well Centers are here to help you live the healthiest life possible. They focus on making healthy lifestyle choices, such as exercise and nutrition, to not only prevent disease but increase energy so you enjoy all that life has to offer.
- Member Discounts - Select Health Member Discounts is a free, easy-to-use program for members that can save you money. Save on things like hearing aids, health clubs, eyewear, LASIK, massage therapy, and more.
- Select Health Blog - Visit the Select Health Blog for evidence-based health information on a variety of topics including healthy living, business, healthcare basics, in the community, and nutrition & diet.
- Tobacco Cessation - If you or a family member would like to quit tobacco, there is help available.
- United Way – 211 - This free, confidential referral information source connects people to information about social services and community resources. Examples of help provided include food, housing, income support, transportation, health services, and disaster support.