Baked Sweet Potato Chips
Make chips at home without having to deep fry! This salty and sweet chip combination will surely be a hit—plus, they’re practically guilt-free.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 10 chips
Yields 8 to 10 servings
Related: Light and Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
1 ½ lbs. sweet potatoes
1/3 cup olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Use a mandolin slicer to cut the sweet potatoes into thin rounds (be careful to protect your fingers while using a mandolin). You can use a knife to do this, but the prep time will be longer.
3. Place the sweet potato rounds in a bowl and pour the olive oil over the top. Gently toss to coat sweet potatoes.
4. Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheets in a single layer. Sprinkle with Kosher salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and the edges are golden.
5. Let sweet potatoes cool for five minutes before removing from pan.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories: 138; Carbohydrates: 19 g; Fat: 6.8 g; Protein: 1 grams; Sodium: 22 mg
Related: Avocado Chicken Salad
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.Reference: “Baked Sweet Potato Chips.” A Spicy Perspective, 2016. Web. 18 April. 2018.
Reference: “Baked Sweet Potato Chips.” A Spicy Perspective, 2016. Web. 18 April. 2018.