Baked Zucchini Fries
Who knew baked fries could be so scrumptious? Enjoy this healthy twist on an American favorite as a side dish or on their own.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
4 zucchinis, quartered lengthwise
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Working in batches, dredge zucchini in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat. Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet.
4. Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
5. Garnish with parsley (if desired) and serve immediately.
Related: Spiced Grilled Chicken with Lemon
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories: 135; Fat: 4.5 g; Protein: 8; Carbohydrates: 16 g; Sodium: 181 mg
Reference: “Damn Delicious.” Baked Zucchini Fries, 2015. Web. 30 Jan. 2020. < https://damndelicious.net/2015/04/18/baked-zucchini-fries/>