Healthy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Your regular chicken recipe just got a make-over. This stuffed spinach recipe is packed with nutrients and cooks in less than half an hour.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
4 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
2 tablespoons fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and gently cut a pocket into each breast's longest side. Drizzle each with the olive oil and coat well.
3. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix well and sprinkle over the chicken breast. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Parmesan, spinach, garlic clove, red pepper, and remaining salt. Mix until smooth. Stuff the spinach mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast and place the stuffed breast onto the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and lightly browned. Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast | Calories: 371 | Total Fat: 21 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Fiber: 0 g | Sugar: 1 g | Protein: 41 g | Cholesterol 115 mg | Sodium 497 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
Related: Instant Pot Fettucine Alfredo