Perfect Summer Potato Salad
Nothing makes a summer barbecue or family party better than really good Potato Salad.
Yield: ten 1 cup servings
7 cups cooked russet or white potatoes, chopped (8 medium potatoes)
1 tsp. salt divided into ½ tsps.
1 cup reduced fat olive oil mayonnaise (5g fat per tbsp.)
1 tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp or to taste white or black fresh ground pepper
¼ cup fat-free sour cream
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. brown or yellow mustard
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (If desired, slice 1 egg to garnish top of salad.)
½ cup chopped sweet pickles (8 to 10 small sweet gherkins)
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped celery
Paprika to garnish top of salad
1. Peel potatoes and cut into 6 large pieces. Add potatoes to a large pot of cold water along with ½ tsp. salt. Bring potatoes to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until just tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes and allow to cool to room temperature before chopping into 1-inch cubes.
3. In a large salad bowl, blend mayonnaise together with remaining ½ tsp salt, sour cream, garlic powder, black pepper, cider vinegar, sugar, and mustard.
4. Add potatoes, pickles, onions, and celery to dressing and mix together well.
5. Gently stir in eggs. Top salad with sliced egg, if desired and sprinkled paprika. Cover salad and chill 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Related: Baked Maple Glazed SalmonHigh Calorie Version: 1 cup at 376 Calories; 22g Total Fat; 46g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 8g Protein; 86mg Cholesterol; 685mg Sodium.
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Nutrition and Diet
Light Pumpkin Spice Cake with Whipped Cream and Brown Sugar Frosting
Chef Mary substitutes healthier ingredients for the oil and whole eggs typically called for in a packaged cake mix and tops it off with a fat-free whipped cream frosting.Read More >