Light Gingerbread Spice Bundt Cake
Try this delicious, moist gingerbread spice bundt cake topped with light or fat-free whipped cream.
Gingerbread Spice Bundt Cake
Yield: 16 servings.
99% less-residue cooking spray or baking spray with flour
1 yellow cake mix
1 3.4-oz. package of Jello® instant vanilla pudding
1½ tsps. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp cloves
1/8 tsp. cardamom (optional)
3 eggs plus 2 egg whites
2 tbsp. coconut oil
2/3 cup strong brewed coffee, warm or cold
½ cup cups low-fat buttermilk
1/3 cup light or dark molasses
¼ cup powdered sugar for dusting
1. Lightly spray a 10-inch Bundt cake pan or 13- by 9-inch baking pan a with 99% less-residue
nonstick baking spray with flour or spray lightly with cooking spray and dust with flour. Note: You can use a 99% less-residue, nonstick baking or cooking spray on all baking pans. This product will not damage nonstick surfaces.
2. Preheat oven to 325 F. Pour cake mix into a large mixing bowl together with dry pudding mix, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and cardamom. Stir all ingredients together until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, oil, coffee, buttermilk, and molasses until well combined.
4. Add liquid ingredients to the cake mix and blend together using an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Do not over mix.
5. Pour batter into pan and smooth out top. Bake for 38-40 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into cake and it comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Carefully invert the pan onto a serving plate and remove. Allow cake to cool completely, 1 to 2 hours.
6. Once cake has cooled completely, dust top and sides with powdered sugar. Before serving, dust cake again lightly with powdered sugar, if necessary.
Nutritional Information: 1 piece 185 Calories; 3.5g Fat; 36g Carbohydrate; 3g Protein; 35mg Cholesterol; 322mg Sodium
High-calorie Version: 235 Calories; 10g Fat; 56g Carbohydrate; 4g Protein; 36mg Cholesterol; 335mg Sodium.
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Nutrition and Diet
Light Pumpkin Spice Cake with Whipped Cream and Brown Sugar Frosting
Chef Mary substitutes healthier ingredients for the oil and whole eggs typically called for in a packaged cake mix and tops it off with a fat-free whipped cream frosting.Read More >