No-Bake Chocolate-Peanut Butter Energy Bars
Whip up these energy bars that are full of protein and fiber.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
¾ cup chopped Medjool dates
1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
½ cup rolled oats
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
¾ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Soak dates in hot water in a covered medium bowl for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve the soaking water.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving extra hanging over 2 sides.
- Lightly coat the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Combine soaked dates, peanut butter, oats, and salt in a food processor and process until finely chopped and clumps begin to form.
- If the mixture seems dry, add a little of the reserved soaking water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Transfer to the medium bowl and stir in peanuts.
- Spread the mixture evenly and firmly into the prepared pan.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on medium (50%) until melted (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Once melted, spread the chocolate evenly over the oat mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from the pan by lifting the overhanging parchment and cut into 16 squares.
Nutrition Facts (per Serving): Calories: 203 cal | Carbohydrates: 17.4g | Protein: 5.4g | Fat: 12.7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 90mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 11.1g
Related: Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
Reference: “Chocolate-Peanut Butter Energy Bars.” Eating Well, July 2018, https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/266632/chocolate-peanut-butter-energy-bars/.