15-Minute Pressure Cooker Recipe for Chicken and Potatoes
Avoid major kitchen messes with this easy pressure cooker recipe for a healthy meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 lbs. baby red or gold potatoes
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 ½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. dried oregano
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. dry ranch seasoning, divided
1 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, toss chicken and potatoes in olive oil, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir together garlic powder, thyme, basil, oregano, and 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning. Sprinkle mix over the chicken and potatoes, tossing to distribute it as evenly as possible.
- Add chicken broth to the pressure cooker. Place chicken in the broth and top with potatoes.
- Place the lid on and in the locked position. Turn the vent to the sealed position.
- Set to “pressure cook” for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the cook time has finished, do a “quick release” by turning the vent to the venting position. Once float valve has dropped, remove the lid. Drain the pressure cooker or use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and potatoes and transfer to a large platter.
- Sprinkle with the 2 teaspoons of ranch seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Garnish with chopped thyme or parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (per Serving): Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1290mg | Potassium: 1442mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g
Related: Healthy Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Reference: “Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes.” Crème de la Crumb, 26 Oct. 2020, https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/instant-pot-chicken-and-potatoes/#wprm-recipe-container-22284.