Gluten-Free Recipes That Anyone Will Enjoy
We found a few gluten-free recipes that we think you'll enjoy...even if you aren't on a gluten-free diet.
We tested this recipe from the Instagram feed @whole30recipes, and we liked it so much we thought we’d share it with you. Not only is this recipe gluten-free, it doesn’t have soy, grains, or dairy. This is a delicious, hearty soup perfect for cold weather and perfect for clean, healthy eaters!
Don’t let the long list of ingredients deter or intimidate you; this is a fairly easy recipe to make and we think you’ll be happy with the results. Consider chopping everything ahead of time and storing it in the fridge for when you need to make a quick, easy dinner.
*We omitted the leeks (because we didn’t have any on hand) and used coconut milk—this gave it a nice hint of coconut flavor.
Creamy Chicken and Veggies Soup
2 leeks, chopped (white and pale green part), optional*
1 cup sliced carrots
½ cup chopped yellow onion
cup chopped celery
3 tbsp ghee (or coconut oil)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
1 ½ lbs. baby red potatoes, quartered
6 cups bone broth
1 bay leaf
1 ½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp dried rosemary
1 cup almond or coconut milk
2 ½ cups shredded roasted chicken
1. Heat a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the ghee, leeks, carrots, onion, and celery. Sauté until onions and leeks begin to soften (about 6 to 8 minutes). Add the mushrooms and garlic. Continue to sauté about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until mushrooms soften.
2. Turn the heat to high and add the potatoes, bone broth, bay leaf, and seasonings. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Continue to simmer until potatoes are “al dente." Turn off the heat.
3. In a blender or food processor, add the milk and about three ladles of the soup. Blend until completely puréed.
4. Place puréed soup back in the pot. Add the shredded chicken to the soup and stir to combine. Cover stockpot and allow soup to sit for 5 minutes to warm the chicken.
5. Remove the bay leaf and re-season with salt and pepper to taste.
Related article: Light and Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Need a grain-free go-to? This cauliflower rice is another one of our favorite recipes and it goes with anything, and we mean anything! You can serve it with chicken, fish, veggies, a meaty marinara sauce (our favorite), or add it to veggie soup. This is a ridiculously easy recipe to make and just like the soup, it doesn’t have gluten, soy, or dairy. This is from the Instagram feed @primalpalate.
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 head cauliflower
½ cup yellow onion, chopped
½ tsp salt, to taste
Rinse cauliflower under cool water and pat dry. Using a cheese grater,* grate the cauliflower to a coarse texture (approximately the size of rice grains).
Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onion is relatively translucent. Add in the cauliflower rice and continue to sauté for 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
*Using a food processor to pulse the cauliflower to desired texture also works.
What’s your favorite healthy recipe? Tell us in the comments. Click to see other healthy recipes.
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.