Select Health is a not-for-profit health plan serving more than 900,000 members in Utah, Idaho, and Nevada. For more than 35 years, we’ve established a reputation for providing access to high-quality care, helping our members stay healthy, and offering superior service to both members and providers.
What differentiates Select Health from many other health plans?
As a not-for-profit subsidiary of Intermountain Health®, we are committed to a shared mission of “Helping People Live the Healthiest Lives Possible.” What does that mean for providers? It means that:
- Our primary focus is to ensure quality, higher-value healthcare for our members at a lower cost.
- Our experience includes managing a full range of commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid health plans with options for medical, pharmacy, dental benefits as well as supplemental needs, such as coverage for vision.
- Our involvement in a community isn’t subject to our profitability. Our priority is what’s best for the community and our members.
What do providers appreciate most about Select Health?
1. Top-ranked customer service: At Select Health, 90% of our customer service calls are answered by someone in our office within 30 seconds. We offer award-winning customer service, as highlighted by a JD Powers annual member satisfaction highest ranking.
2. Provider-focus: It’s easy to say, “We understand the needs of providers.” At Select Health, we demonstrate that understanding by:
- Paying claims quickly – 97% of claims are paid within 30 days with 97% processing accuracy. Select Health auto adjudicates 85% of claims to streamline payment processes.
- Dedicating staff to your needs – Our provider engagement reps offer an additional level of support to answer your questions, keep you informed, and advocate on your behalf. With low turnover, our reps are there year after year to assist you.
- Helping you save time and money – From online preauthorization tools to industry-leading care process models and easy access to medical and payment policies, Select Health offers a wealth of tools for more efficient practice management.
- Really listening – We work closely with our provider partners to develop and foster relationships with our clinical partners to understand and support your practice workflow and your patients’ needs.
3. Local/regional approach: Select Health customizes our fee schedules to local markets.