Lazy Morning’s 8-Minute Egg Bites
Start your morning off right with these simple and quick breakfast bites.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
9 large eggs
¼ cup water or milk
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking powder
Ground black pepper to taste
2 silicone egg bite molds
Handful of spinach, finely chopped
½ large bell pepper, diced
Parmesan cheese, grated
- Add water or milk to the pressure cooker.
- Whisk together eggs, water, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large measuring cup.
- Spray the egg bite silicone molds with cooking spray and pour egg mixture into each of the openings until they are about 2/3 full.
- If using optional ingredients, add them on top of each egg bite.
- Close the lid of the silicone mold and stack in a staggered position, so the individual cups do not line up. Place the molds on top of the trivet with handles and set carefully into the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid and seal the release valve.
- Cook on low for 8 to 11 minutes, depending on the size of the pressure cooker.
- When ready, release the valve to vent and remove the molds from the pressure cooker by using the trivets.
- Remove the mold lids and allow the egg bites to cool. Using a small silicone spatula, slowly go around the edge of each bite to release it from the mold.
Nutrition Facts (per Serving): Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g
Related: Easy Avocado Toast
Reference: “Instant Pot Egg Bites.” ifoodreal, 15 December 2020, https://ifoodreal.com/instant-pot-egg-bites/.