Select Health today announced changes and improvements to 2023 Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans, featuring enhanced benefits and access to high-quality health care to meet the growing needs of Medicare beneficiaries. Select Health Advantage products will now be called Select Health Medicare. Individuals can evaluate their health care options during the 2022 Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), which runs from October 15 through December 7, 2022.
“Each year we evaluate and design our Select Health Medicare health plan offerings with our members in mind, closely reviewing their needs and aligning plan benefits with our mission to help people live the healthiest lives possible,” said Marti Lolli, Select Health President and CEO. “Our 2023 Select Health Medicare plans offer exciting and enhanced benefits as we consistently look for innovative solutions that contribute to affordable costs and provide better health outcomes for Medicare beneficiaries in our service areas.”
For 2023, Medicare beneficiaries will enjoy more choices, added value, access to superior customer service, and an extraordinary member experience. Select Health Medicare is the new plan name for 2023, but beneficiaries can expect the same great service they have come to expect from Select Health.
Renaming our Medicare product and plans will offer the following benefits:
- Enable quick recognition. From internet searches to advertising, the Medicare name is well-recognized and makes it clear what type of product Select Health offers.
- Provide clarity. A straightforward naming convention makes it easier for consumers and approved agents to identify products and plan types during the shopping and evaluation process. For example, in some markets, we offer Select Health Medicare Essential and Select Health Medicare Enhanced. The Essential plan is a $0 premium, and the Enhanced plan includes additional benefits for a low monthly premium.
- Allow for growth. The new naming structure will make it easier to expand our offerings in the future.
Most 2023 Select Health Medicare plans include:
- Enhanced dental offerings that cover preventive care and comprehensive dental with first dollar coverage and no additional premium.
- Select Health Flexible Benefits Card. This debit Mastercard allows members to cover over-the-counter (OTC) costs on health related retail products. The card can also be used for expenses such as gym memberships, weight loss programs, and other activities to maintain or improve the health of our members including ski passes and green fees.
- $0 Primary Care Physician (PCP) copays and lower Specialty Care Physician (SCP) copays are available on most plans to improve access to care for our members.
- The Healthy Living Program for member rewards has been enhanced to be more flexible and accessible to all members.
Highlights of 2023 Select Health Medicare and Prescription Drug Plans for Idaho Beneficiaries:
- Select Health Medicare plans for Idaho include added over-the-counter (OTC) benefits.
- We have created an Idaho-specific prescription drug formulary that is tailored to local needs and standards of care.
- Select Health Medicare plans include a companionship program called Papa Pals. These Pals provide a family on-demand atmosphere and can help with light housekeeping, rides to the doctor or pharmacy, or having someone to talk with for an hour, as examples.
Highlights of 2023 Select Health Medicare and Prescription Drug Plans for Nevada Beneficiaries:
- New Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) options that deliver expanded coverage for out-of-network services when needed, including plan options with no Part D coverage for those that do not require it.
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan with a $0 copay for Tier 1 and Tier 2 prescription drug coverage.
- Reduced advanced imaging cost-shares.
- Increased over-the-counter (OTC) amounts.
Highlights of 2023 Select Health Medicare and Prescription Drug Plans for Utah Beneficiaries:
- Lower Medicare Part D deductibles that provide lower cost access to prescription drugs for most members in Utah.
- Full access to all University of Utah hospitals, clinics, facilities, and providers including the University of Utah Hospital, University Orthopaedic Center, Moran Eye Center, and Huntsman Cancer Institute.
- Expansion into Uintah and Duchesne Counties.
- New Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) options providing expanded coverage for out-of-network services when needed.
Select Health offers many enrollment options for Medicare beneficiaries including in person meetings, virtual options, phone access to the Select Health Medicare Answer Team, online tools, or connecting with a local licensed agent to discuss individual needs or to understand the new, enhanced plan options for 2023. Additionally, Select Health offers communication and language services in over 40 languages. For more information or to see a full list of new plan names and benefits visit selecthealthmedicare.org or Medicare.gov.