SelectHealth Community Care
Can I Apply?
To apply for Medicaid, you must:
- Qualify for one of the programs
- Meet rules for Utah residency, income, and citizenship.
Visit the eligibility checker or call the Utah Department of Workforce Services at 866-435-7414..
How to Apply
If you're qualified, you can apply by calling the Utah Department of Workforce Services at 866-435-7414. Or go to the Utah Medicaid website and follow the steps.
What to Expect
After you become a member, here’s what you can expect in the first few weeks:
- When you join SelectHealth Community Care, we'll call to help you get started, answer questions, and find a primary care doctor who is on your plan.
- You’ll also get a SelectHealth Community Care Handbook and an ID card from the state 30 days after you enroll. Please carry your ID card with you. You’ll be asked to show your ID card each time you get care or fill a prescription.
Renewing Medicaid Coverage
To stay on your Medicaid coverage, you have to apply again each year. It is a simple process to make sure you still qualifyfor benefits. The time when you apply for Medicaid again is sometimes called "redetermination."
If you receive a letter to apply again for Medicaid (or think it’s time to do so), here are ways to renew your coverage.
- Online: Apply right away using My Case at jobs.utah.gov/mycase/.
- By Mail: Watch your mailbox for an application from the Utah Department of Health Medicaid Office.
- In-Person Assistance: For in-person help applying for insurance, call 2-1-1 or visit Take Care Utah at takecareutah.org/ to find a trained assister near you.
If it is time for you to apply again, don’t wait! If you do not apply in time, your coverage will end automatically.
Questions about renewing your Medicaid coverage?