Medicare Advantage Updates
Upcoming Webinar: Growing Your Business All Year with a 5-Star Plan
Understanding the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) star-rating system and the 5-Star Plan Special Enrollment Period (SEP) can help you offer the best coverage for your clients and provide opportunities to grow your business throughout the year.
The Select Health Sales team will be hosting a live webinar to discuss more details about enrollment, evaluating your clients’ current coverage, and using the 5-Star Plan SEP. We hope you can join us!
Webinar: Growing Your Business All Year with a 5-Star Plan
Friday, March 17
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. (MT) Idaho
- 1:30 – 2:00 p.m. (MT) Utah
- 1:00 – 1:30 (PT) / 2:00 – 2:30 (MT) Nevada
The 2023 Select Health Medicare HMO plan is a 5-Star Medicare Advantage Plan as rated by Medicare.
Compliance Reminders: Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period
Below are a couple of reminders from our helpful Compliance team about the Open Enrollment Period that ends March 31. If you have any additional questions, talk to your Select Health Sales Account Executive.
During the Open Enrollment Period, agents and plan sponsors may:
- Host meetings or send mailers that focus on other enrollment periods. Examples include consumers who are aging in (who have yet to enroll in a plan), consumers who just moved to the service area, and consumers with Medicaid and Medicare or low income.
- Mail materials or meet one-on-one when requested by the beneficiary.
During the Open Enrollment Period, agents and plan sponsors may not:
- Send, post, or share materials with information regarding the opportunity to make an additional enrollment change or reference OEP.
- Purchase a mailing list or other means to identify qualified consumers.
- Contact former enrollees who select a new plan during AEP.
Three new Intermountain myGeneration Senior Clinics recently opened in Henderson, Nevada. These clinics specialize in primary care for those 65 years of age and older and bring new providers to the Henderson community. Learn more here.
As a reminder, University of Utah Health hospitals and physicians are part of the Select Health Medicare network in all locations as of July 1, 2022.
If you’re interested in attending a Medicare Advantage new agent training to learn more about our products and systems, please email Jordan.Larrabee@selecthealth.org or call 801-442-9053.
Feedback? We’re all Ears!
Did you recently have a client request to leave Select Health Medicare? Do you have ideas on how we can better retain and acquire Medicare members? Let us know! We’d love your feedback. Get in touch with us here!