2024 Medicare Recertification – Product Training
As we begin preparations for 2024 sales, our product training is underway. Select Health will accept both AHIP and NABIP (formerly NAHU) for certification. AHIP began their training on June 21, and NABIP on June 23, 2023. The Select Health training module is now available. Details are listed below.
This module must be completed by all Medicare appointed agents to be considered ready to sell for 2024.
- Both AHIP and NABIP certification are accepted and approved for Select Health.
- When beginning your certification with either of these organizations, choose to electronically submit your results to ensure that your score/completion are sent directly to Select Health. There is no need to submit your certificate. You can log back in to either site to request the results be sent.
- Please remember that you must complete one of these certifications prior to completing our product certification.
Product training must be completed by December 31, 2023, to be ready to sell 2024 plans January 1.
To get a jump on training, agents can complete product training in one of two ways — the choice is yours!
- Option 1 – Annual product training begins June 26 and contains overall plan details and benefit information for 2023. With our 5-Star rating, you’ve got nearly six months of selling time remaining.
- Option 2 – Beginning September 1, 2023, the product training will be updated to contain our 2024 product details.
- Agent can choose to complete the module beginning June 26, to be considered ready to sell for 2024. New agents that complete the module will be considered ready to sell for 2023 and 2024. Agents who wish to view the module with the 2024 benefits can complete the module beginning September 1.
- Please note: 2024 benefit information will be emailed to all agents who complete the product training module prior to September 1, 2023.
- Remember, agents must be licensed, appointed, and certified with 2023 AHIP or NABIP certification training prior to completing our product training module. Contact Stephanie.Crandall@selecthealth.org for appointment.
- To access the product certification through our agent portal, Link, follow these steps:
- On the main landing page, hover over the Medicare tab.
- Choose 2024 Medicare Product Training to begin.
- At the end of the module, be sure to print and save your completion certificate for your records. You do not need to submit it following completion.
- Be certain to follow directions while completing the module to ensure your training and exam are recorded.
Not appointed? Contact the Agent Experience team at 800-442-5306, option 3.
Save the date! AEP Agent Events
All agents are invited and encouraged to attend our AEP Kick-off Events hosted in your area. These events will review exciting new 2024 plan and benefit information and provide helpful selling tips! Watch for the RSVP coming soon.
|Colorado Springs||August 23||Great Wolf Lodge|
|Denver||August 24||Omni Hotel|
|Salt Lake & Utah County||September 7||Loveland Living Planet Aquarium|
|St. George||September 14||Foremaster Building|
|Davis County||September 21||Davis Conference Center|
|Idaho Falls||September 12||Hilton Garden Inn|
|Twin Falls||September 13||Canton Crest Event Center|
|Meridian||September 14 & 15||Galaxy Event Center|
|Las Vegas||September 28||Ahern Hotel|
Upcoming Agent Webinar
Select Health Medicare Member Advocates Webinar
Join us to learn more about Select Health Medicare Member Advocates!
Member Advocates can help your clients:
- Schedule an appointment, including care for urgent conditions - Find the closest facility or doctor with the nearest available appointment - Provide information about a doctor, such as age, training certifications, and languages spoken - Help members understand and maximize their benefits
Tuesday, July 18 8:30 a.m. (PST) 9:30 a.m. (MST)
Network Spotlight: myGeneration Senior Clinics
Select Health Medicare members can access care at more than 30 Intermountain Health myGeneration Senior Clinics in Nevada. Clinics provide:
- Same-day urgent care with virtual, in-person, and in-home options
- Access to 1,500 in-network specialists
- On-staff providers to help manage diabetes, heart disease, behavioral health, and more!
To schedule, find a provider, or learn more about myGeneration Senior Clinics, click here.
myGeneration Senior Clinics are an in-network provider for all Select Health Medicare plans.
Did you miss the live agent webinar on Select Health Medicare dental coverage? No need to worry! Watch our webinars on-demand.
Grow your business all year with Select Health Medicare products!
Five Star Special Election Period (SEP): The Select Health Medicare HMO plan was awarded five stars for 2023! This allows one additional Special Enrollment Period other plans may not be able to offer. The 2023 Five Star Special Enrollment Period will end November 30.
Select Health Medicare D-SNP (Utah Only): This is a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) specifically for clients who are enrolled in Medicare and full Medicaid. Clients are offered three additional enrollment periods, once a quarter, as their enrollment in Medicaid is re-evaluated. To learn more about Select Health's Utah D-SNP HMO product, click here.
The Initial Coverage Election Period (ICEP): This enrollment period is for clients who are aging into Medicare. Enrollment opens three months prior to the client's birthday month and ends three months after their birthday month, for a total of seven months.
Permanent Address Change (SEP): Your clients have an SEP if they move out of a Medicare Advantage plan's service area and establish a permanent residence in a new service area that offers Medicare Advantage products.
We’re all Ears! Did you recently have a client request to leave Select Health Medicare? Do you have ideas on how we can better retain and acquire Medicare members? Let us know! We’d love your feedback. Contact us here!