What Is the Medication Therapy Management Program?
The MTM program is a free service offered to members who meet the requirements described below. Our program helps you manage
your medication(s) and avoid medication-related problems like side effects or unintended interactions.
As part of the program, you and a pharmacist or other health professional will go through a comprehensive review to:
- Review all your medications
- Learn how best to take your medications
- Review opportunities to help you reduce your prescription drug costs ($3,919 in 2018, and $4,044 in 2019, for the year)
- Talk about any problems you are having
- Develop an action plan to help take your prescriptions safely
- Receive a personalized medication list of all your medications and why you take them
Who Qualifies for the MTM Program?
You will be automatically enrolled in this program if you meet these three requirements:
- Have at least 3 of the following chronic health conditions:
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Take at least 8 medications
- Use medication that cost more than $3,919 for the year combined and $4,044 in 2019 (your costs plus SelectHealth Advantage Plan's cost)
How Will I Know If I Qualify?
We will automatically enroll you if you are eligible for the program. You will receive a welcome letter with a general information form. We
will also call you to welcome you to the program and set up a one-on-one medication review with one of our pharmacists.
Will the MTM Program Affect My Plan Coverage?
No, your participation is voluntary, and does not affect your coverage in any way. This program is free of charge and is open only to those
who are eligible to participate.
The MTM program is not considered part of your plan benefits that you pay for.
If you would like additional information about this program or you do not wish to take part in the MTM program, please call
Member Services at 855-442-9900 (TTY users: 711).