Select Health Share Employer Commitments
With Select Health Share®, employers enjoy predictable premiums and stable benefits. Our multi-year rates allow employers to focus on engaging employees in wellness rather than annual insurance plan meetings.
With Select Health Share, employers will:
- Offer an Employer Assistance Program (EAP) for mental health support. We make this requirement easy by giving employers free use of the Intermountain Health® EAP.
- Adopt the Select Health Healthy Living worksite wellness program, which includes:
- An employer wellness council that meets four times per year (e.g., quarterly)
- A employer-sponsored wellness reward/incentive for employee participation
- A work-site health screening event
- Physical activity campaigns
- A tobacco-free environment
- Healthy food options (if food options are available on-site)
- Participate in an annual worksite and employee engagement review with Select Health, which includes completing a worksite wellness scorecard approved by Select Health (such as the Centers for Disease Control scorecard).
- Promote the following Intermountain Health and Select Health programs and services aimed at increasing employee health:
- Intermountain Health Answers 24-hour nurse line
- Select Health Member Advocates
- Intermountain Connect Care® (telehealth service)
- Weigh to Health (diabetes-prevention program)
- Healthy Beginnings (maternity and newborn program)
- Tobacco cessation
- Cancer screenings
- Diabetes Prevention
- Program Diabetes Management Program
- Ensure that employee engagement reaches a minimum of 50% employee participation for the measured engagements. This percentage will increase to 60% and 70% in the subsequent two years and will remain at 70% if a new three-year agreement is signed for years four, five, and six. Participation percentages are based on the total number of employees an employer has continuously enrolled in Share plans from the first day of the plan year through the end of the plan year. Measured engagements must be completed within the first 9 months of the plan year unless otherwise noted.