1. What This Site Offers
- This online service (the “Service”) offers health, medical, and insurance information to help you.
- Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth offer you this Service on these conditions:
- that you are 18 years of age or older;
By using this online Service, you agree to abide by all of the terms on this site and on the sites that are linked to this site.
3. For Medical Advice and Diagnosis, Consult a Professional – Don’t Use this Site
This service is not a substitute for professional medical advice. always consult a physician or other healthcare provider for personal medical attention and advice; don’t use this service as a substitute for consulting with your physician or other healthcare provider. While this site provides information, it can’t diagnose your health condition or advise on your lifestyle choices. see a healthcare provider for medical attention and advice.
Although this Service and its links offer general information regarding health issues of infants, toddlers, adolescents, and minors, this Service does not solicit or accept information from any person younger than 18 years of age.
Please note: minors may access and read the information on Intermountain Healthcare’s “Live” site and SelectHealth STEP Express Web pages.
5. Links to Other Sites
As a convenience to you, this Service provides links to other Internet sites. Neither Intermountain Healthcare nor SelectHealth endorses any third-party site, its information, services, or merchandise
6. Prohibited Use of This Service
7. No Warranties, Disclaimer of Liability, Indemnity by You
- While intermountain healthcare and selecthealth try to keep the information on this site accurate and current, we do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, correctness, usefulness, or applicability of any merchandise, product, information, or other data or items appearing on this service. neither intermountain healthcare nor selecthealth is liable to you, or to any user of this service, for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the merchandise, products, information, content, or other items presented on this service
- Neither intermountain healthcare nor selecthealth does any of the following:
- Make any express or implied warranty, representation, or endorsement (including, without limitation, any warranty of title or noninfringement, or any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) regarding the merchandise, products, information, or other content or items appearing on this service;
- Warrant that any download from the service will be free of any virus, worm, trojan horse, or other data altering or contaminating components (you are responsible for ensuring that you have taken steps to prevent contaminating components from infecting your computer and its data);
- Is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, or any other monetary or other damage, fee, fine, penalty, or liability arising out of or relating in any way to this service or to any site accessed through this service, or for the content or information on this service or on any other site (if you are dissatisfied with this service, then your sole and exclusive remedy is to stop using the service); or
- Guarantee continuous or uninterrupted access to this service – operation of this site may be interfered with by factors beyond our control.
8. Copyrights, Trademarks, Service Marks, and Other Intellectual Property
- All information permitted to be reproduced or downloaded must include the following copyright notice, depending on the source of the information: © 2010 Intermountain Healthcare, Inc. All Rights Reserved or © 2010 SelectHealth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Clinical or Member Benefit Information. Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth offer registered user access to personalized information. Using instructions on the My Health section on intermountainhealthcare.org and selecthealth.org, a patient or member may register to access services such as the following:
- an online view of portions of the patient’s or member’s electronic Intermountain Healthcare medical records and other general health information or tools
- secure online messaging with participating physicians and their office staffs; and SelectHealth member support teams; and
- access to the member’s personalized plan or benefit information and other insurance tools.
- Access to Personalized Information.
- Not all Intermountain Healthcare clinics may offer My Health or the full services available in My Health.
- be at least 18 years of age, except where explicitly designated;
- understand that the options available with My Health depend on two conditions:
- the registration process used (Note: In-person identification or appropriate legal document or both may be required in some circumstances for registration); and
- the specifications of either your Intermountain Medical Group clinic or your SelectHealth insurance plan;
- accept the fact that neither Intermountain Healthcare nor SelectHealth can guarantee the security of your personal information, even though each organization has taken reasonable steps and has employed industry-standard practices and technology to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of this personal information;
- complete registration and use a personally identifiable username and password (i.e., credentials) before participating in My Health; and
- safeguard your credentials and not share the credentials with others, understanding that compromise of your credentials could allow personal information to become known to other parties.
- As a user of My Health, you agree to the following provisions.
- You acknowledge requesting access to portions of your health information or the ability to communicate over the Internet with your Intermountain Healthcare team—or SelectHealth team—concerning your health information using an electronic application called My Health.
- Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth may revoke your access to My Health, or discontinue the patient portal at any time and for any reason.
- You will only send online messages of a non-urgent nature. You understand that the physician’s office or SelectHealth customer service representative will take an average of one to two business days to respond to your electronic message. For emergencies, call 911 (or your EMS system) and not use My Health.
- You will use the online message system only for communications that are suitable for this medium. (Some communications with a provider are appropriate only in telephone conversations or in-person visits.)
- Secure messages exchanged between you and your participating physician’s office becomes a part of your permanent medical record. This information is confidential, but may be released at your request or under legal requirement. You understand that when signing up for health insurance coverage, you usually sign a general release that gives your insurance company permission to request your medical records.
- You agree to use appropriate discretion when sending online messages, particularly if you don’t want the information to appear in your permanent medical record.
- Messages sent to your Message Center might contain information that is important to your health and medical care. You are responsible to monitor these messages. You are liable for any loss, injury, or claims of any kind resulting from messages that you fail to read in a timely manner.
- To help in the delivery of care, any authorized person in your physician’s office may access your online messages between you and the physician's office.
- Neither Intermountain Healthcare nor SelectHealth warrant your online view of your personal health information represents your complete, legal medical record.
- You remain responsible for exercising reasonable judgment with the use of My Health. Do not use My Health as a substitute for consulting directly with your physician or healthcare provider about your medical condition.
- You acknowledge that My Health may not be available all the time because of system failures, back-up procedures, maintenance, or other causes beyond the control of Intermountain Healthcare or SelectHealth.
- Your access to My Health is provided on an "as-is, as-available" basis; neither Intermountain Healthcare nor SelectHealth guarantees that you will be able to access My Health at any particular time.
- During times when My Health is unavailable, you should use other communication methods (e.g., telephone) to contact your physician, other healthcare provider, or SelectHealth customer service.
- Proxy Access
- This service allows parents, authorized stepparents, legal guardians, conservators, spouses, adult children and other homecare givers to access and use My Health on behalf of a patient of participating Intermountain Healthcare clinics.
- But if custodial rights change, the custodial guardian has the responsibility to notify the participating Intermountain Healthcare clinic, SelectHealth member services, or both.
- SelectHealth insurance information is not currently available by proxy.
- Services available to proxy may depend on the options offered through the participating Intermountain Healthcare clinic.
- When you apply for proxy access, you may have to complete appropriate authorization forms.
- Due to state and federal laws requiring a minor’s consent for a proxy to access reproductive information (e.g., birth control, pregnancy, STD, and related information)and other sensitive information —both the parent and the minor must be present in person to authorize access to My Health.
- The parent must grant permission for the minor patient to have his/her own My Health account (if desired), and
- The minor must authorize the parent(s) or guardian(s) access to the minor’s My Health account.
- Intermountain Healthcare will revoke access to a proxy account when:
- The patient’s account is closed.
- The patient requests the proxy no longer has access to the account.
- Expiration date of the proxy’s rights occurs.
- The proxy’s custodial rights of the patient change, and Intermountain Healthcare received appropriate documentation of that change.
- As a registered user, you may be asked to participate in patient-satisfaction surveys regarding your use of My Health. Intermountain Healthcare or SelectHealth, depending on which organization requests a survey, may analyze the information submitted or obtained as part of the survey, or of other descriptive (demographic) studies and reports. In those studies and reports, all of your personal identifying information will be removed.
- SELECTHEALTH’S BILLING AND ENROLLMENT SERVICES
- If your employer group or broker has signed up for this service, you may use the billing and enrollment services. This service is password protected and offers these benefits:
- New Enrollment, which allows a new hire or new subscribers to enroll or be enrolled in plan coverage;
- Open Enrollment, which allows employers and brokers to review and update benefit selections, which have been previously entered, and update other benefits during open enrollment period; and
- User’s Information, which allows employer, brokers, and members to update their information
- The enrollee must be at least 18 years of age, except where explicitly designated.
- An enrollee must register and use personally-identifiable credentials to use the billing and enrollment services. Enrollee agrees to use good judgment in the selection of a password. Enrollee will safeguard your password and not share it with others, understanding that compromise of your password could allow personal information to become known to other parties;
- The enrollee understands that SelectHealth cannot and does not guarantee the security of your personal information, even though SelectHealth has taken reasonable steps and has employed industry-standard practices and technology to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of this personal information; and
- Either the enrollee or SelectHealth may cancel your participation in the billing and enrollment services at any time. You may cancel your participation by contacting SelectHealth at 800-538-5038 and requesting that your participation be canceled.
- Private Information on This Service
- If you think that your personal information has been compromised on an Intermountain Healthcare or SelectHealth Web site, call Online Services at 801-442-5502 (Salt Lake area) or 800-442-5502 weekdays between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., and Saturdays, from 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
11. Lawsuits Regarding This Service
If you sue Intermountain Healthcare or SelectHealth for anything relating to this Service, you submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the appropriate court in the State of Utah, whether federal or state. The nonprevailing Party in a lawsuit relating to this Service hereby agrees to pay the costs and expenses of the lawsuit, including reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred by the prevailing party.
12. Contact Information
Intermountain Healthcare and SelectHealth may be contacted by using this information:
To contact Intermountain Healthcare:
Attn: Intermountain Healthcare e-Business
36 South State Street, 9th floor
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
To contact SelectHealth:
Attn: Marketing, Business Development
5381 Green Street
Murray, UT 84123