SelectHealth Share Network and Service Area
5,100+ Participating Providers; 23 Hospitals
SelectHealth works with employees, employers, and providers to ensure members receive the right care, at the right place, at the right time.
SelectHealth as the administrator of SelectHealth Share is committed to:
- Proposing meaningful incentives for employers to participate and actively engage in SelectHealth Share (e.g., predictable multi-year premium rates).
- Providing Healthy Living support for employers and employees so they can meet their engagement participation percentages.
- Creating evidenced-based plan designs that encourage appropriate healthcare use.
- Continuing to develop and maintain the SelectHealth Share provider and facility network.
- Promoting the use of evidence-based medicine and care process models in internal systems, processes, and practices (e.g., integrated Care Management).
- Developing reports that aid the employer/agent and physician in meeting their engagement responsibilities.
- Developing online tools to support cost and quality transparency.
- Implementing an efficient drug formulary to promote effective prescription drug use.
Underwriting and Plan Guidelines
- SelectHealth is the sole carrier within the Share service area.
- Employer contributes at least 70% of the premium (based on the employer's lowest cost SelectHealth Share product) across all rating tiers. This does not include HSA contributions.
- At least one of the SelectHealth Share plans offered to employees must be a qualified high-deductible health plan. A traditional plan design can be offered alongside.
- Employer must fund an employer-match HSA contribution equal to 25-50% of the plan deductible for employees choosing a SelectHealth Share high-deductible health plan.
- SelectHealth Share is the only SelectHealth plan offered to employees living in the Share service area.
- Plan designs align with SelectHealth Share benefit levels.
- Rates: New employer clients receive an underwritten rate in year 1, and then 2.5% annual increases in years 2 and 3 when commitments are met.*