Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
These muffins, made with whole-grain flour, applesauce, and honey, are a good choice for breakfast or a snack because they contain antioxidants, vitamin E, magnesium, and other essential nutrients.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ cup oil
¼ cup low-fat milk
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. In a medium bowl, mix applesauce, honey, eggs, vanilla, oil, milk, and yogurt.
4. Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
5. Gently fold in blueberries.
6. Pour batter into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories: 160; Carbohydrates: 25; Fat: 6 grams; Protein: 4 grams; Sodium: 220 mg
Related: No-bake Energy Bites
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Reference: “Cooking Your Weigh to Health.” Intermountain Healthcare, 2015. Web. 21 Dec. 2018.