Crustless Mini Quiche with Spinach and Bacon
A mini quiche provides you with a great source of protein and vegetables to start your day. This version is made with turkey bacon, which is a lean protein with less fat and sodium than regular bacon.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 quiche
1/8 cup water
1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow onion, chopped
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
2 slices turkey bacon, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 F and spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Evenly divide veggies and bacon between the cups.
3. In a large bowl, whisk all eggs and 1/8 cup of water, pour evenly over veggies and bacon (around ¾ filled).
4. Stir the cups with a knife and place into oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. Serve immediately or place in an airtight container to reheat later.
6. To reheat: Heat for 30 seconds in the microwave.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories: 70; Carbohydrates: 2; Fat: 4 grams; Protein: 6 grams; Sodium: 85 mg; Fiber: 0 grams
Reference: “Cooking Your Weigh to Health.” Intermountain Healthcare, 2015. Web. 16 Oct. 2018.
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Nutrition and Diet
Light Pumpkin Spice Cake with Whipped Cream and Brown Sugar Frosting
Chef Mary substitutes healthier ingredients for the oil and whole eggs typically called for in a packaged cake mix and tops it off with a fat-free whipped cream frosting.Read More >