Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cake
Scarelicious Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cake with Light Cream Cheese Frosting
1 yellow cake mix
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. ground cardamom (optional)
¾ cup skim milk
1 egg plus
2 egg whites
1 cup solid-pack canned pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla 99% less residue no-stick baking spray with flour (optional)
1. Lightly spray a regular or stick-resistant Bundt cake pan with cooking spray, dust with flour, and set aside.
2. If using a nonstick Bundt pan, spread 1 tsp. vegetable oil over surface and dust with flour.
Note: You can use a 99% less residue no-stick baking spray with flour on all baking pans, including nonstick. This product will not damage nonstick pan surfaces.
3. Preheat oven to 350º F. Whisk cake mix together with spices until combined. In a smaller bowl, whisk milk together with egg, egg whites, pumpkin, and vanilla until combined.
4. Pour liquid ingredients into mixing bowl and mix all ingredients together on medium speed of an electric mixer for 3 to 4 minutes until well blended.
5. Pour batter into pan and smooth out top. Bake at 325º F for 40 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done. Remove cake from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes, then invert cake pan on rack, remove pan, and finish cooling. After cake has cooled completely, pipe or drizzle frosting onto cake and top with decorative holiday candies or sprinkles.
Nutritional Information: 10 servings with 2 tbsp. frosting: 230 Calories; 5g Fat (18.2% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 377mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat.
High-fat Version: 610 Calories; 26g Fat (36.8% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 93g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 91mg Cholesterol; 454mg Sodium.
Light Cream Cheese Frosting
One 16 oz. package confectioner’s sugar (4 cups) 4 oz.
1/3-less fat cream cheese
½ tsp. vanilla
Food coloring, paste, or liquid
1. Using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients together on medium to high speed until smooth and food coloring is blended evenly into frosting, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 to 3 tsp. milk or water to mixture if you are planning to drizzle frosting.
Nutritional Information: Yield 2 cups or 16-two tbsp. servings: 135 Calories; 2g Fat (13.7% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 48mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Non-fat Milk; 2 Other Carbohydrates.
High-Fat Version: 2 tbsp. serving: 226 Calories; 8g Fat (32.4% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 70mg Sodium.
Click here to watch Mary make the cake on KSL: http://studio5.ksl.com/index.php?nid=126&sid=37043882
SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Nutrition and Diet
Light Pumpkin Spice Cake with Whipped Cream and Brown Sugar Frosting
Chef Mary substitutes healthier ingredients for the oil and whole eggs typically called for in a packaged cake mix and tops it off with a fat-free whipped cream frosting.Read More >