Recipe: Zoodles with Meat Sauce
If you’re looking for a low-carb but filling dinner, we found it! Enjoy this healthy take on a classic Italian dish.
Prep time: 30 minutes
3 to 4 medium zucchini
1 lb. ground turkey
24 oz. jar marinara sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp. oregano
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
1. In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey.
2. While meat is cooking, make zucchini noodles using a vegetable spiralizer.
3. Spread the zucchini noodles on a paper towel to absorb extra moisture.
4. Add marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, oregano, and red pepper flakes to the ground turkey; let simmer over low to medium heat.
5. Sautee zucchini noodles in a pan with olive oil until preferred softness. Remove from the pan and place them in a strainer to drain any extra moisture.
6. Place the zoodles on a plate and top with meat sauce.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories: 416; Carbohydrates: 21 grams; Fat: 21 grams; Protein: 37 grams; Sodium: 682 mg; Sugar: 14 grams
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Reference: “Healthy Recipes: Zoodles with a Healthy Turkey Meat Sauce.” Classy Clutter.” Web. 8 Feb. 2018. Related: Squash Your Doubts with These Nutrient-dense Fall Veggies
Nutrition and Diet
Light Pumpkin Spice Cake with Whipped Cream and Brown Sugar Frosting
Chef Mary substitutes healthier ingredients for the oil and whole eggs typically called for in a packaged cake mix and tops it off with a fat-free whipped cream frosting.Read More >