Make Someone’s Day with a Random Act of Kindness
Have you ever been the recipient of a random act of kindness? Remember how good it made you feel? Pay it forward to someone else by doing something that will put a smile on their face.
What better day than today to do something kind for someone else? It will lift the other person’s spirits and make you feel good in the process. There are many ways to show appreciation to someone else; it doesn’t have to be a grand gesture to make someone’s day.
And not all acts of kindness require money—giving a friend a compliment requires little to no effort, but the payoff for you and the recipient can be immeasurable.“Kind words and actions can seem so small, but their effects are truly endless.” (Author Unknown)
Here are some simple ways to brighten someone else’s day today:
- Leave a note on your coworker’s desk
- Next time you’re at the drive-thru, pay for the food or drink for the person behind you in line
- Take some homemade cookies to a neighbor
- Leave change in the vending machine for the next person
- On a snowy morning, clear off the windshield for a neighbor
- Visit a relative you haven’t seen in a while
- Rake your neighbor’s leaves from their yard
- Pick flowers from your garden and deliver them to neighbors you don’t know
- Send a pick-me-up card to a friend
- Hug someone who needs a pick-me-up
- Leave a small surprise in someone’s mailbox
- Write a handwritten letter to a family member or friend
- Reply to a social media post you enjoy
- Give someone a genuine compliment
- Offer a child words of encouragement
- Tell someone what you appreciate about him or her
Related: What happy people know
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
15 Inspirational Quotes From Professional Athletes
These 15 quotes will give you the boost you need to tackle your day.Read More >
9 Ridiculously Cool Gifts That Encourage a Healthy Lifestyle
These gifts can be useful for anyone who likes to exercise on a regular basis—and most of them won’t break the bank.Read More >