Mandarin Chicken Spinach Salad With Lime Feta Ranch Dressing
Looking for ways to boost your memory? We have some tips that are good for people at any age.
Yield: 4 servings
1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breasts or tenders with tendons removed, grilled or baked
1- 24 oz. bag fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and well drained (3 cups per salad)
2 cups shredded carrot (2 large carrots.)
2 cups shredded jicama (1 small)
½ of a small red onion, thinly sliced
2 cups Mandarin orange segments, drained of juice
2 tbsp. feta cheese, finely crumbled
1 cup Lime Feta Ranch Dressing (recipe below)
1. Lightly season chicken with garlic powder and lemon pepper and bake or grill at 350 F for 20 to 30 minutes until juices run clear. The amount of time needed to bake or grill tenders is about half that of a breast. Allow chicken to cool then shred or cut chicken into small pieces; cover and chill.
2. Wash and dry spinach leaves and divide between four plates. Divide chicken, carrot, jicama and red onion four ways and toss together gently with spinach leaves.
3. Top each salad with Mandarin oranges, ½ tbsp. crumbled feta cheese and serve with 1/3 cup Lime Feta Ranch Dressing.
Nutritional Information: Salad with 1/3 cup dressing 410 calories; 10g Fat; 23g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 37g Protein; 84mg Cholesterol; 690mg Sodium.
Total LiVe Well Plate: 410 Calories; 10g Total Fat or 22% calories from fat; 690mg Sodium.Related: Don't Give Up Carbs, Get Down With Grains
Lime Feta Ranch Dressing
Yield: 6 1/3 cup servings
½ cup low fat olive oil mayonnaise (5 grams fat per tbsp.)
½ cup fat free sour cream
1 clove garlic, pressed
3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
3 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
3 oz. (¾ cup) fat feta cheese, crumbled
¼ tsp. or less fresh ground black pepper
½ cup low fat buttermilk or skim milk depending on desired consistency
dash sea salt - optional
1. In a small bowl whisk mayonnaise together with sour cream, garlic, lime juice, rice vinegar, feta cheese, and black pepper.
2. Thin dressing to desired consistency with 1 to 2 tbsp. low fat buttermilk or skim milk. If necessary, add a pinch of sea salt. Cover and chill several hours to allow flavors to blend before serving.
Nutritional Information: 2 cups or 1/3 cup at 146 calories; 10g Fat; 9g Carbohydrate; 0 Dietary Fiber; 4g Protein; 9mg Cholesterol; 441 milligrams sodium.
Related: Light Gingerbread Spice Bundt Cake
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Nutrition and Diet
Heavenly Light New York-Style Cheesecake with Strawberry Glaze
No one will guess that this version of New-York style cheesecake is lower in fat and calories than the traditional version. It’s creamy and rich baked texture will leave your guests wanting more!Read More >