16 Scenarios Every Cyclist Can Relate To
Cycling is more than just exercise to you, it’s become a lifestyle. These scenarios will make you laugh because they’re so relatable.
Cyclists come in different shapes, sizes, and personalities, but there a few things that bond the bike lovers together and unite them all. If you aren’t one, you probably know one and have realized that they are a rare breed of athlete.
Cyclists deal with careless drivers, are out in extreme heat or frigid temperatures, and climb slopes the rest of the world only thinks about ascending if a motorized vehicle is involved. It’s time members of this group got some long-deserved attention.
Some of these scenarios are humorous, others are unfortunate—regardless of the nature, cyclists can relate to most, if not all of them.
It happens to every cyclist
- You ride by a building with windows and quickly check yourself out (everybody does it)
- You see a red traffic signal and try to time your arrival perfectly so that you don’t have to unclip before it turns green
- You try to avoid it, but nevertheless end up inhaling diesel exhaust (somehow this seems to happen when you’re entirely out of breath and need oxygen stat)
- You have the same song stuck in your head for five miles
- You try to greet a passing cyclist and get nothing in return… Awkward
- There’s always that one car that comes too close for comfort
- You blow a tire and realize you didn’t grab an extra tube
If there is anyone who knows cycling, it’s the most decorated female cyclist in U.S. history, Kristin Armstrong. She shared a few of her own thoughts and experiences with us.
- We have all become a bit too familiar “uh oh, (fill in the blank) just stole QOM from me;” it motivates me to get back out every time
- Have you set up your Avatar on Zwift? If not, get with the time
- There is nothing worse than when you are out for a long ride and you “bonk” with no stores remotely close
- You can never have too many bikes—road, CX, TT, fixie, commuter, cruiser, MTB, fat tire, BMX, etc. There is a purpose for each, ya know
- If only cyclists were paid for every great idea that came on a ride
- That moment when you’re riding alone in the country and see a few barking dogs ahead, you either turn around and ride like the wind or you grab your water bottle hoping that spraying water at them will do the trick; regardless, your heart is pounding out of your chest
- The number of times you have a “close call” when a truck passes inches from you after failing to realize that the trailer is six to 12 inches wider than the truck
- When the car that just passed you slowly begins to drift into the bike lane—breathe, just breathe
- The immediate need for a “nature break” and trying to time it so that you don’t get caught, shhh
Every cyclist has his or her own story, but these scenarios occur enough to have made our list. If you think we missed something, leave a comment below.
Check out other healthy living articles here.
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
15 Inspirational Quotes From Professional Athletes
These 15 quotes will give you the boost you need to tackle your day.Read More >
9 Ridiculously Cool Gifts That Encourage a Healthy Lifestyle
These gifts can be useful for anyone who likes to exercise on a regular basis—and most of them won’t break the bank.Read More >