Low Fat Oatmeal Cookies
24 2 ½ inch cookies
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. baking soda
pinch salt - optional
4 tbsp. (½ stick) butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
½ cup raisins
99% residue-free baking or cooking spray or parchment paper
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray baking sheets lightly with 99% residue-free baking or cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Whisk oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside. In a larger bowl whisk melted butter together with egg and vanilla.
3. Stir in brown sugar until smooth, braking up any remaining clumps or sugar against the side of bowl with a rubber spatula. Stir in oat mixture and raisins until thoroughly combined.
4. Working with a level tbsp. of dough for each cookie, roll into dough into 1-inch balls (if dough is too soft to roll, refrigerate until firm. Place 12 dough balls on each prepared baking sheet spaced 2 ½-inches apart.
5. Bake cookies one sheet at a time, until edges are golden and centers are just set, 11 to 13 minutes, rotating tray half way through baking. Do not overbake. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Bake second tray of cookies while the first tray is cooling.
6. Bake until cookies are lightly browned around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies stand about 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool. Store cookies in airtight plastic bag or container for 2 to 3 days.