Well-child exams help keep your child healthy and give you information and peace of mind about your child’s growth and development. They’re recommended during the times when your child’s growth is most rapid can help catch potential problems early.
Regular well-child exams are needed for many reasons:
• Start a medical record history
• Check on physical development
• Get physical exams
• Check speech, social, and motor skills as well as eyesight and growth
• Get immunizations
• Learn more about nutrition, safety, and any special needs
• Screen for exposure to lead using a questionnaire or blood test at 12 and 24 months
Well-child visits should be scheduled when your child reaches the following ages:
• At birth
• 2 to 4 days
• 2 to 4 weeks
• 2, 4, and 6 months
• 9, 12, 15, and 18, and 24 months
• Once a year from ages 3 to 18
Like most routine, preventive care, well-child exams are covered benefits for eligible SelectHealth members with no deductible. Check the specifics of your plan for more details.
Call your doctor to schedule a well-child visit.