You have the right to:
• Receive information about our services, providers, and
members’ rights and responsibilities.
• Receive considerate, courteous care and treatment with
respect for personal privacy and dignity.
• Receive accurate information regarding your rights and
responsibilities and benefits in member materials and
through telephone contact.
• Be informed by your provider about your health so
you may make thoughtful decisions before you receive
• Candidly discuss with your healthcare provider
appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for
your condition, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
We do not have policies that restrict dialogue between
provider and patient, and we do not direct providers to
restrict information regarding treatment options.
• Participate with providers in decisions involving your
health and the medical care you receive.
• Express concerns about SelectHealth and the care we
provide, and receive a response in a reasonable period of
• Request a second opinion.
• Refuse recommended medical treatment.
• Select or change your primary care provider.
• Make recommendations regarding our members’ rights
and responsibilities policy.
• Have reasonable access to appropriate medical services
regardless of your race, religion, nationality, disability,
sex, or sexual orientation, and 24-hour access to urgent
and emergency care.
• Receive care provided by or be referred by your primary
• Have all medical records and other information kept
• Have all claims paid accurately and in a timely manner.
You have the responsibility to:
• Treat all our providers and personnel at SelectHealth
• Read all plan materials carefully as soon as you enroll and
ask questions when necessary.
• Ask questions and make certain you understand the
explanation and instructions you are given.
• Understand the benefits of your plan and understand
not all recommended medical treatment is eligible for
• Follow plans and instructions for care that have been
agreed upon with the provider.
• Express constructively your opinions, concerns, and
complaints to the appropriate people at SelectHealth.
• Follow the policies and procedures of your plan, and
when appropriate, seek a referral from your primary care
provider to SelectHealth providers or call SelectHealth
• Ask questions and understand the consequences of
refusing medical treatment.
• Communicate openly with your healthcare provider,
develop a patient-provider relationship based on trust
and cooperation, and participate in developing mutually
agreed-upon treatment goals.
• Read and understand your plan benefits and limitations
and call us with any questions.
• Keep scheduled appointments or give adequate notice of
• Obtain services consistently according to the policies and
procedures of your plan.
• Provide all pertinent information needed by your provider
to assess your condition and recommend treatment.
• Use our providers when applicable, carry your ID Card,
and pay copay/coinsurance amounts at the time of