Greek Yogurt Raspberry Muffins
Sweetened with honey and made with Greek yogurt, these muffins are a great healthy breakfast or mid-day snack.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup honey
8 oz. Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, tossed in 2 tbsp. flour
Related: No-bake Energy Bites
1. Preheat the oven to 360°F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, mixing thoroughly.
3. In separate bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Fold only until combined; do not overmix. Add the flour-coated raspberries to the muffin batter and fold 2-3 times to combine.
5. Evenly divide the muffin batter between the muffin cups.
6. Bake at 360°F for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool the muffins in the pan for 5-10 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 149; Fat: 4 g; Protein: 5; Carbohydrates: 25 g; Sodium: 250 mg; Sugar: 9 g
Related: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Reference: “Savory Nothings.” Greek Yogurt Raspberry Muffins, 2020. Web. 11 Mar. 2020. <https://www.savorynothings.com/greek-yogurt-raspberry-muffins/>