Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Need something quick? These Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are a healthy grab-and-go option for a busy week.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
3 cups rolled oats or old-fashioned oats
2 tbsp. light brown sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 large eggs
¼ cup honey
1 cup bananas, mashed
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup milk
¼ cup coconut oil
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Related: Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, honey, mashed bananas, vanilla, milk, and coconut oil.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients; be careful not to overmix.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until set and the tops are slightly brown.
8. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 267; Fat: 13 g; Protein: 5; Carbohydrates: 33 g; Sodium: 162 mg; Fiber: 3g
Related: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups
While you’re here, check out other healthy recipes. For information on our medical and dental plans, visit selecthealth.org/plans.
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
Reference: “Chef Savvy.” Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins, 2020. Web. 27 Feb. 2020. <https://chefsavvy.com/healthy-banana-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-muffins/>