Holiday Spiced Pecans
These roasted pecans will taste great on their own or as a crunchy addition to a green salad.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
3 cups pecan halves
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground cloves
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Place pecans in large bowl and mix in maple syrup until coated. Add spices and mix well.
3. Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4. Spread pecans evenly on to the parchment paper.
5. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every five minutes until toasted and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
6. Allow to cool. Break apart if pecans are stuck together.
7. Store in airtight container.
Note: May substitute an additional one teaspoon of cinnamon for the ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and cardamom.
Nutrition Facts (per ¼ cup) Calories: 224; Fat: 22 g; Protein: 3 g; Carbohydrates: 10 g; Dietary fiber: 3 g; Sodium: 0 mg
Related: Dark Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
For information on our medical and dental plans, visit selecthealth.org/plans. And while you’re here, check out other recipes and information on nutrition and diet.
Reference: “Holiday Spiced Pecans.” The Real Food Dietitians, 2018. Web. 12 Dec. 2019. <https://therealfoodrds.com/holiday-spiced-pecans/>
SelectHealth may link to other websites for your convenience. SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.