Chicken Burrito Bowl
Make fresh-Mex at home! These burrito bowls featuring marinated chicken, black beans, rice, and mango salsa are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Prep time: 1 hour
Makes 4 servings
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. black pepper
¾ cup orange juice
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup yellow onion, diced
2 tbsp. minced garlic, divided
1 can no-salt-added black beans
1 cup store-bought fresh mango salsa
2 cups cooked brown rice
1. In a large bowl, mix cumin, black pepper, orange juice, lime juice, honey, and soy sauce. Pour into 1-gallon resealable plastic bag and add chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
2. When ready to cook rice bowls, add olive oil, onion, and garlic to a pot over medium heat. Sauté until onion is translucent.
3. Add can of black beans (do not drain) and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breast and marinade and cook for 5 minutes. Flip chicken and cook until heated through, another 5 to 19 minutes. Dice chicken into bite-size cubes.
5. Serve in bowls, with ½ cup cooked brown rice, ½ cup black beans, ½ chicken breast, and ¼ cup mango salsa on top. Serve immediately.
Related: Strawberry Mango Salsa
Nutrition Facts (per ¼ cup) Calories: 410; Fat: 7 g; Protein: 23 g; Carbohydrates: 59 g; Dietary fiber: 10 g; Sodium: 630 mg
Reference: Intermountain Health. “Cuban Mojo Chicken and Black Bean Rice Bowl,” 2015. Cooking Your Weigh to Health. PDF file.