Mango Cream Cheese Tart
Here is an easy and light dessert you could make and take to your next summer outing or BBQ.
Yield: 14 servings
Preparation Time: 60 minutes plus chill time
Graham Cracker Crust:
Reynolds nonstick foil, optional
12 whole graham crackers, processed into fine crumbs
¼ cup butter
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup water
½ cup fresh lime juice
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. grated lime zest
1 8 oz. package fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 8 oz. package 1/3 less fat cream cheese
¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 ripe-but-firm mangos, peeled and cut into ¼-inch thick slices
peeled and sliced kiwi, blueberries, or blackberries for garnish; optional
1. Adjust oven rack to center and preheat to 350 F. Using a food processor, process crackers in to crumbs. If desired, line pan with nonstick foil, leaving an inch outside of the pan to hold on to. (This will make it easier to slide the cake off the bottom of the pan).
2. Transfer crumbs, sugar, and melted butter to a 10- to 12-inch springform tart or cheesecake pan and mix all ingredients together well. Press crumbs evenly over bottom of pan and bake 8 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Cover crust and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
3. Combine all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium-high. Stirring frequently, bring sauce to a low boil to thicken. Pour glaze into a small bowl and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours. Sauce can be made a day ahead, covered, and refrigerated.
4. Using a wire whisk or an electric mixer on medium-low speed, gently mix cream cheese together with powdered sugar and vanilla until well blended.
5. Carefully spread cream cheese evenly over chilled crust. Top cream cheese decoratively with fruit. Cover and chill 2 hours. To serve, top each piece with 2 tbsp. Drizzle Lime Glaze lightly over the top with kiwi and/or berries as garnish, if desired.
Nutritional Information: (1 slice) 250 Calories; 10g Fat; 36g Carbohydrate; 1g Fiber; 3g Protein; 32mg Cholesterol; 263mg Sodium.