Grilled Shrimp with Mango Pineapple Chile Relish
These grilled shrimp are easy to make and delicious with a light mango pineapple chile relish. Sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next gathering.
8 to 10 6-inch skewers. Serves 4 as an entrée or 8 to 10 as an appetizer
8 to 10 six-inch wood or metal skewers (6-inch works for appetizers and 9-inch works for entrée)
Olive oil cooking spray
1 lb. 31-40 count fresh medium size shrimp, peeled and de-veined with tails removed salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoon light butter melted
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- If using wooden skewers be sure to soak 1 to 4 hours to prevent skewers from burning. Spray grill lightly with cooking spray and preheat to medium, medium-low heat.
- Thread 4 to 5 shrimp on each screwer. Season skewers lightly with salt and pepper to taste and then spray both sides of skewers lightly with cooking spray.
- Grill skewers for 3 to 4 minutes per side until shrimp are pink and lightly browned.
- While shrimp are grilling melt light butter in a small dish and mix together with lime juice. After removing skewers from heat brush each side with melted butter and lime juice mixture before serving.
- To serve as an entrée make a bed of Relish on each of four plates and place two skewers on top of Relish.
This dish is also fantastic served with couscous or Basmati rice lightly seasoned with chicken stock or soup base. Nutritional Information:
each at approximately 284 calories; 3.3 grams total fat; 1.6 grams saturated fat; 180 milligrams cholesterol; 46.5 grams total carbohydrate; 4.7 dietary fiber; 20.6 grams protein and 298 milligrams sodium.
Compare traditional recipe at 460 and 23.5 grams total fat per serving.
If serving as an appetizer place Chile Relish in center of round place with shrimp skewers fanned around outside of center.
Nutritional Information: 1 skewer at 95 Calories; 1g Fat; .05 gram saturated fat; 60 milligrams cholesterol; 15 grams total carbohydrate; 1.6 grams fiber; 7 grams protein; 99 milligrams total sodium.
Compare traditional recipe at 125 calories and 4 grams total fat per skewer.
3 cups or 12 ¼ cup servings
Mango Pineapple Chile Relish
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
¾ cup fresh pineapple, chopped
½ cup red, yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
½ cup red onion, minced
1 to 2 tbsp. jalapeno pepper, minced – optional
1 small Fresno pepper, minced
juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. curry powder
1. Combine mango together all remaining ingredients. Cover and set aside or refrigerate until ready to use. Relish can be made in advance and kept refrigerated 3 to 4 days. Before serving remove from refrigerator stir gently and warm to room temperature.
SelectHealth does not expressly or implicitly recommend or endorse the views, opinions, specific services, or products referenced at other websites linked to the SelectHealth site, unless explicitly stated.
The content presented here is for your information only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and it should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.