Light Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
These Light Chocolate Chip Cookies have all of the flavor with only half the fat and calories of regular chocolate chip cookies. Bake up a batch for National Cookie Month today!
24 2½-inch cookies
1¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. malted milk powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
1 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tbsp. (½ stick) butter, melted and cooled
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
¾ cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
99% residue-free baking or cooking spray or parchment paper
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position. Line two baking sheets with either parchment paper or spray baking sheets lightly with 99% residue-free baking or cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Whisk flour, malted milk powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl until combined and set aside. In a larger bowl, whisk butter, egg, and vanilla together.
3. Stir in brown sugar until smooth, breaking up any remaining clumps or sugar against the side of bowl with a rubber spatula. Stir in flour mixture and a ½ cup of the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined. Place 2 to 3 of the remaining chips into the top of each ball.
4. Working with a level tbsp. of dough for each cookie, roll dough into 1-inch balls (if dough is too soft to roll, refrigerate until firm. Place 12 dough balls on each prepared baking sheet spaced 2½ inches apart.
5. Bake cookies one sheet at a time, until edges are golden and centers are just set, 11 to 13 minutes, rotating tray half way through baking. Do not overbake. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Bake second tray of cookies while the first tray is cooling.
6. Store cookies in airtight plastic bag or container for 2 to 3 days.
Nutritional Information for one cookie:108 Calories; 4g Fat; 2g Saturated Fat; 18g Carbohydrate; 0 Fiber; 1g Protein; 14mg Cholesterol; 48mg Sodium.