When can I apply for the SelectHealth Awards?
- The Utah and Idaho application is open from January 1 to February 29, 2020.
Can I apply for the SelectHealth Awards?
- If your organization meets at least one of these criteria, then yes, please apply!
- Promotes health and well-being
- Assists individuals with special needs
- Creates safe environments
- Builds strong communities
- Supports the underserved
Is there special consideration given to some applications?
- Yes, special consideration is given to those whose services directly align with our current health priorities:
- Prescription opioid misuse
What is included in the award?
- $3,000 cash award
- A marketing package
- Large banner featuring your organization
- Two-minute video highlighting your organization
- High-quality photos
- Media coverage on local news outlets
Are there restrictions on how the $3,000 can be used?
- Organization cannot use funding for:
- Any form of compensation (e.g., salaries or speaker fees)
- New building construction (e.g., bricks and mortar)
- Overhead costs
- Payments for rent, utilities, or space rental
- Donations to another charity or allocation of the grant to other organizations (e.g., re-gifting the monies)
- Payment of debt
- Startup costs
- One-time events (e.g., races, galas, tournaments)
- Fundraising events
- Subsidizing admission fees (e.g., camp fees, ticket fees)
We really want this award. What can help our application stand out?
- First consideration is given to those whose services directly align with the health priorities above
- Local organizations benefiting local communities
- Have a specific purpose, be specific about how you will use the grant money
- How will the grant boost your organization’s need to complete a goal or service you’ve been striving for
- Think long-term impact —we’re looking for initiatives and projects rather than one-time events
Does my organization have to be a 501©3 to apply?
- No, applicants do not need to be nonprofit organizations
May I nominate an organization for the SelectHealth Awards?
- We do not accept nominations, but please encourage organizations you support to apply for the grant. Apply at select25.org.
How many winners will be chosen?
- Each year, we identify 25 winners from Utah and 25 winners from Idaho who will receive the $3,000 award. At least three winners from four identified regions and 13 at-large are selected.
How many applications will be accepted?
- We accept the first 500 applications.
Who will select the winners?
- Completed applications are reviewed by The SelectHealth Awards Committee, which includes leaders from the community, SelectHealth employees, and representatives from our clinical partners.
If my organization was chosen as a SelectHealth Awards (or previously a Select 25) winner in the past, can I reapply this year?
- Past recipients must wait two years before applying again. For example, 2017 winners will be eligible again in 2020.
How will the information I submit be used?
- Information submitted as part of the SelectHealth Awards application will not be retained or used for any purpose other than promoting your program or to share with other groups with a similar mission and purpose to SelectHealth.
Is the $3,000 grant taxable?
- Yes, the monetary award is taxable. Recipients must submit either a Federal ID number or social security number prior to payment of the award.
If my organization wins, am I required to attend the SelectHealth Awards luncheon?
- Yes, we ask that a representative from each organization attends. Those who travel more than 100 miles will be provided a travel stipend.
- You will receive the cash award and marketing package at the luncheon.
Who is SelectHealth?
- SelectHealth is a not-for-profit health insurance organization serving members in Utah, Idaho, and Nevada. We are committed to Helping People Live the Healthiest Lives Possible®. Our wide range of government and commercial plans serve the entire community. For details, visit selecthealth.org.
How do I apply?
- We are not currently accepting applications. Applications for the Utah and Idaho 2020 awards will be accepted from January 1 to February 29, 2020.
Who should I contact if I have additional questions?
- We’d love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.